Sunday, June 19, 2011

How time flies...

Wow, I haven't written a thing in months. Seriously, I never realized what it takes to put on such a large scale event! Somebody somewhere should of posted a sign stating that you should not try this at home!

Where to start with the trials and tribulations of organizing the longest ice hockey game. I won't bore you with the details, here is some big picture stuff.

How many times does one need to get a door slammed in your face. Looking for sponsorship, in-kind donations before you find that golden egg.

How many volunteers does it take to run an 11 day event? 50, 100 or 500. You guessed it 500... Where does one find that many dedicated people...hmmmm

Food, how much does one player consume in 11 days when on the ice for 12 hours? 

How many hot tubs does one need for 40 players and 10 hard-core volunteers? Ok this is a fun one to figure out.

I must say that things are coming together though... The hard work is paying off! With less than three months before the puck drops I can see a glimmer of light. Now how do I turn on the high beams.

No comments: